This plant is available with us in pots of 8 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Yellow bells, trumpet flower, trumpetbush
Botanical Name: Tecoma stans
Tecoma yellow plant is a species of flowering perennial shrub in the trumpet vine family.
About the Product:
This is a shrub or small tree that reaches 15-20 feet in height and can be pruned heavily after flowering to keep it compact. The flowers are bright yellow in color, 2 inches long with trumpet shape and hang in showy clusters at the branch tips and forks, bending the twigs into arches with their weight, hence the name Yellow Bells. It has a very long flowering season.
A large shrub or small, much-branched, tree usually growing 1.5 to 5 m tall, but occasionally reaching 10 m in height. The showy flowers are borne in several-flowered clusters (5-15 cm long) that are first produced at the ends of the branches. These flowers are bright yellow in colour, tubular in shape.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.