Common Name: String of Banana
Botanical Name: Senecio radicans
A succulent vine plant with banana-shaped leaves.
About the Product:
The wonderful and wacky string of bananas is an excellent hanging succulent. A close relative of the String of Pearls, it’s the easier cousin to take care of and keep alive. Its leaves are shaped like bananas or fishhooks and if grown in the ground they can trail beautifully. These fast growers look quirky and eyecatching in their hanging planters and are an instant conversation starter.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Sansevieria trifasciata plant loves bright and full shade but also sustain in low light conditions.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.