This plant is available with us in pots of 14 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: broadleaf lady palm or bamboo palm
Botanical Name: Rhapis excelsa
Rhapis plam was listed as one of the best plants for removing toxins in the air by NASA.
About the Product:
Raphis palm is the of the most popular palms of India. It has delicate heads of fan-shaped leaves.
Raphis Palm grows happily in the tropical and shady areas receiving little or no sunlight. Raphis plam likes good air circulation and can look very decorative in staircase, in warm patios in summers, providing it receives little sun.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.