This plant is available with us in pots of 6 and 14 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Purple Queen, Purple Secretia
Botanical Name: Tradescantia Pallida
Bunches of rich purple, lance-shaped leaves make this a beautiful house plant year-round.
About the Product:
Its brilliant purple leaves and vigorous in nature, a purple heart plant will attract the attention of visitors.
Purple heart plant, also called purple queen, is a type of spider wort grown as a perennial ground cover.
The plant produces attractive pink flowers in addition to its bright foliage and grows in partial shade outdoors and bright filtered light indoors.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.