This plant is available with us in pots of 6, 8, 10, and 12 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Catchbirdtrees, Birdcatcher, Birdlime
Botanical Name: Pisonia Alba
Commonly used for landscaping roads.This plant is used in the garden where dark foliage plants are planted to avoid dull appearance in the garden.
About the Product:
Evergreen tropical tree of medium size, to 7 m height, with greenish-yellow or yellow-white foliage looking like lettuce, the thin leaf blades lanceolate and corrugated 10 to 30cm long, undulate at margins, clusters of tiny greenish white flowers, and 2cm long stalked fruit from female blooms. Cooked leaves are eaten as a vegetable.
Pisonia alba is a small, evergreen foliage tree or a large shrub found in our gardens. The plant stands out on its own in the garden Pissonia Alba can be grown in pots and it also makes a good hedge when planted closely together. Planted in good sunlight, the leaves may acquire a light yellow or white color, which looks nice and unusual.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.