This plant is available with us in pots of 6 and 12 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Egyptian stars, pentas
Botanical Name: Pentas lanceolata
It blooms all summer long, even during the hottest weather, with large clusters of starry blooms that attract butterflies by the dozens as well as hummingbirds.
About the Product:
Pentas belonging to Rubiaceae family. Pentas are tropical blooming plants, because of the five-pointed petals on the flowers. It is one of the butterfly-attracting plants in your surrounding.
These plants have hairy green leaves and have many colors with clusters of flowers in shades of red, white, pink, and purple. It can withstand full sunlight and need little to no care, growing even in locations that are dry and hot. The plant grows well in small to medium size pot and in the ground and it can even make a good houseplant if you have enough light. It does best in full sun and moist, well-drained soil. Pentas is grown as an annual in most parts of the country, but if properly pruned and cared it can grow as biennial or perennial also.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.