Common Name: Flame of the Forest, Bastard teak, Battle of Plassey tree, Bengal kino, Palas tree, and Parrot tree
Botanical Name: Butea Monosperma
Palash is commonly known as the Flame of the forest or the Flame tree and various parts of the plant like flowers, bark, leaf and seed gum are used for medicinal purposes.
About the Product:
It is a medium-sized dry season-deciduous tree growing to 49 ft tall. The leaves are pinnate, with an 8-16 cm petiole and three leaflets, each leaflet 10-20 cm long. Each flower consists of five petals comprising one standard, two smaller wings and a very curved beak-shaped keel.
It possess charismatic ivory-white flower buds and bright yellow flowers covering the entire crown. Taking Palash leaf powder might help in managing blood sugar levels by improving glucose metabolism in the body.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transists. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.