Common Name: Chinese chaste tree, five-leaved chaste tree, horseshoe vitex, or nisinda
Botanical Name: Vitex negundo
Vitex negundo is a large aromatic shrub with quadrangular, densely whitish, tomentose branchlets.
About the Product:
It is tall about 6-12 feet, multi branch bushy plant and is covered with very fine hair. The bark of stem is thin and the leaf stalk is long and 3-5 leaves grow at its tip. The edges of the leaves are plain or serrated. The flower are small in 2-3 inch long inflorescence and are blue or white with purple tint. The fruit are small, round, and of mixed colour white and black. The bark of the root is green outside and yellow inside.
Flowering stage begins during summers and rains and fruit during cold season. Nirgundi or Five-Leaved Chaste Tree (Vitex negundo) is an evergreen medicinal deciduous shrub.The smoke from the leaves is used as a mosquito repellent.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transists. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.