Common Name: Sleepy plant , Touch me not
Botanical Name: Mimosa pudica
Mimosa pudica, sensitive plant, sleepy plant and the touch me not, is a creeping annual or perennial herb often grown for its curiosity value. The compound leaves fold inward and droop when touched or shaken, due to evolution from predators, re-opening minutes later.
About the Product:
Mimosa pudica is a small herb which grows like a weed in a short period of time. The leaves are arranged symmetrically and close on touch; hence the name sensitive plant. The Touch-Me-Not plant is not really shy or bashful.
The stems of this plant are prickly and the leaves are fern-like, with a ball-shaped pink colored flower. The plant also bears fruits of clusters of 2-8 pods. The flowers are pink in color. Chui Muai is a mysterious element not only because of its drooping reaction when touched but also because it is abundant in so many nutrients. Landscape Use Makes excellent hedge or screening plant. It also does well as a pot plant.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.