This plant is available with us in pots of 6, 8, 10, and 14 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Nerium, oleander, Kaner, Ganneru, Karavira
Botanical Name: Nerium oleander
Oleander (Nerium Indicum) is a large, evergreen flowering shrub. Upright in habit, it flowers from early summer through fall with clusters of single or double blooms.
About the Product:
It is a evergreen perennial shrub, blooms year around and it is mostly found in everyhome in India. The flowers grow in clusters at the end of each branch; they are light pink 2.5-5 cm in diameter, with a deeply 5-lobed fringed corolla round the central corolla tube.
Nerium grows to 2‚¬6 m tall. It is tolerant to both drought and inundation, but not to prolonged frost. White, pink or red five-lobed flowers grow in clusters year-round, peaking during the summer. The fruit is a long narrow pair of follicles, which splits open at maturity to release numerous downy seeds.
This plant blooms in late spring to late summer and it comes in a variety of flower colors.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.