This plant is available with us in pots of 10 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods
Botanical Name: Ixora coccinea
It is commonly grown as an ornamental and as a hedge, valued especially for its floral display.
About the Product:
Ixora Flowers can be used as Home Décor as they come in a variety of colours such as Red, Pink, Orange and White. You can arrange the entire bunch of Ixora flowers along with some leaves in a flower vase.
Ixora coccinea is a dense, multi-branched evergreen shrub. Ixora coccinea is a densely branched, evergreen shrub growing up to 2.5 metres tall. The plant is sometimes harvested locally for its edible fruit and medicinal uses.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.