This plant is available with us in pots of 6 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: shoeblackplant, Hawaiian hibiscus
Botanical Name: Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
Hibiscus plants are tropical beauties that will bring an exotic look to your garden. The flowers are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds.
About the Product:
Hibiscus is a genus of flowering plants in the mallow family, Malvaceae. Hibiscus are deciduous annual and perennial herbaceous plants with dark green alternate, ovate leaves. The flowers are large, conspicuous, trumpet-shaped, with five or more petals orange color.
They are durable plants that can grow to be up to 4.5 meters in height, The chemicals in the hibiscus flower help in the growth of hair. It reduces dandruff and makes the hair black. This flower can be used as shoe polish by rubbing it on the shoe.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Morning sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for plant growth.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.