Common Name: fishbone cactus or zig zag cactus
Botanical Name: Epiphyllum anguliger
About the Product:
The fishbone cactus grows long flat and succulent stems resembling a fishbone. Hence the name. It‚¬„¢s also sometimes called a zig zag or ric rac orchid cactus. The stem leaves of the fishbone cactus start out by growing upright, but as they grow and get longer, they start to trail down. Making the fishbone cactus a great choice as a hanging plant, or displayed on a plant pedestal table.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. Water those plants that top soil is dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. Do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will arise definitely.
Plant Care :
Sunlight: Keep the plant in indoor indirect bright light or artificial bright light. Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.