Common Name: Devil's Backbone
Botanical Name: Euphorbia tithymaloides
Euphorbia tithymaloides is a low maintenance perennial succulent spurge.
About the Product:
Euphorbia tithymaloides is a popular, erect, perennial, succulent; grow up to 6 feet tall. The leaves are glabrous and acuminate in shape, with smooth edges. The veins in the leaves are pinnate. The leave is oval, slightly glossy, variegated, medium green and white edged. They flank the zigzag stems to resemble a crooked backbone with ribs.
Splish Splash Devil's Backbone (Pedilanthus tithymaloides) is an upright, bushy, clump forming, succulent shrub with thin, fleshy to woody, zigzagged stems.Evergreen or deciduous, ovate to elliptic, mid green with marbled lighter green leaves. The plant bears fleshy red bract-cups, to 1/2in long, yellow green at the bases.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Keep the plant in partial sunlight area. Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the darken area.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.