This plant is available with us in pots of 6 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Corn plant
Botanical Name: Dracaena compacta
If your a grower needing a plant for a center piece in a room or a focal point, this is one of those types of species which looks the part. The dracaena plant is a popular ornamental houseplant, grown both indoors and outdoors in subtropical climates.
About the Product:
The one with the common name corn plant or cornstalk is the massangeana. Once it begins to mature and grows over 4 feet in height it makes an ideal office or hotel plant and looks the business in large living rooms and hallways.
What's great about growing a corn plant as well as how attractive they look is they're fairly easy to care for and maintain - like many other dracaena plants. It reaches a height of about three feet indoors, and has a bushy tree type of look. Its glossy leaves can grow up to one foot long and a couple of inches wide. Not only does its dramatic foliage with beautiful color patterns make a great focal point in any room, but dracaena can also help improve air quality.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Keep the plant natural bright sunlight. Place the near a window in a room that gets bright morning sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.