Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) is also one of the quickest and easiest to grow herbs. Coriander seed (Dhaniya) and fresh leaves are common used in every kitchen in India to prepare testy dishes.
Requirements for Coriander Seeds:
- Sowing season for seeds: Throughout the year
- Light: Full sunlight to partial sunlight
- Soil: Sandy loam soil
- Watering: Once in a Day
Sowing Procedure for Coriander Seeds:
- Coriander seeds can be sown throughout the year but it needs to be protected from direct rain and harsh sunlight.
- Soak the seeds in water for 12 hours.
- Before sowing, rub the seeds in between the palms of your hands to split them open and spread uniformly on the soil surface and cover with a light layer of potting soil.AW
- After sowing, thoroughly water to the soil.
- These seeds will germinate in 8 to 15 days after sowing.