Common Name: fire croton, garden croton
Botanical Name: Codiaeum variegatum
Crotons are one of the boldest houseplants with colorful foliage to decorate your inner or outer space.
About the Product:
Croton Petra is a tropical shrub with star-shaped flowers on long stalks. The foliage of Petra is broadly oval with a pointed tip with colors that vary between pink, red, orange, yellow, and green with the veins often times being a lighter color.
This is one of the most common cultivars for both indoor and outdoor use. Croton is typically offered as an indoor plant, but can also be used outdoors as a seasonal accent plant in containers or plantings of annuals or mixed ornamental. They are eye-catching especially in bright dining rooms and living rooms where their foliage helps energize a room. Can be used for Container, Foundation, Hedges, Houseplant, Mixed Border, Screening, etc
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transists. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.