This plant is available with us in pots of 6 inch diameter. Interested people can pick this big size plant from our garden center.
Common Name: Ribbon plant, Spider plant
Botanical Name: Chlorophytum comosum
Chlorophytum comosum is a perennial lily-like plant with tuberous roots, bearing spreading to recurred soft leaves from a central rosette and an elongated raceme with small white flowers. Spider plant needs a normal, moist, sandy loam soil and should be best in indirect sunlight.
About the Product:
The spider plant is considered among the easiest air-purifying plants to grow.
It is effective in removing harmful chemicals from the air, such as carbon monoxide, xylene, formaldehyde and toluene.
According to NASA reports, the spider plant is among the top 3 types of houseplants that are great at removing formaldehyde. According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals (ASPCA), the spider plant is listed as non-toxic for pets.
The spider plant is a perennial with a high transpiration rate. It absorbs water through its roots and then circulates the moisture through stems and leaves. Once the water reaches the leaves, it evaporates into the air and increases the humidity. good idea to keep one of these plants around your kitchen and bathrooms especially.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Keep the plant in partial sunlight area. Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the darken area.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.