Common Name: Ber fruit, Indian Jujube, Chinese apple
Botanical Name: Ziziphus mauritiana
Ber is a small or medium-sized subtropical tree, popular for its small berry-like fruit.
About the Product:
Apple Ber is a Thailand variety fruit and it is also known as the Indian jujube or Chinese date. The taste of this Apple Ber is Sweet, Crispy & Juicy. The weight of each fruit is around 150-200 gm. It appears to be like green Apple. That is the reason it is named as Apple Plum or Apple Ber. Its farming is currently trending and it has lots of advantages over traditional Plum farming.
This fruit tastes very sweet. This is drought-resistant plants grow best in areas with long, hot summers. Indian jujube is rich in Vitamin C, used in Ayurveda for treating health problems.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. Water those plants that top soil is dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. Do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will arise definitely.
Plant Care :
Sunlight: It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.