Common Name: Banyan tree
Botanical Name: Ficus benghalensis
The national tree of India is the Banyan tree, designated formally as Ficus benghalensis.Banyan tree is a huge tree with very extensive branches.
About the Product:
The tree is often symbol of the fabled Kalpa Vriksha or the Tree of Wish Fullfillment as it is associated with longevity and has important medicinal properties. Banyan trees are one of the largest trees in the world and grow up to 20-25 m with branches spreading up to 100 m.It branches spread out and send trunk like roots to the ground in order to support itself. It grows to a height of more than Banyan Tree 21 meters and lives for many years.
The wood of the Banyan tree is used in making door panels, boxes and the other items. Its bark is used for making paper and ropes. The milky latex that comes from its leaves and stems is used in many Ayurvedic medicines.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month).
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transists. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.