Common Name: Air Plant,Tillandsia
Botanical Name: Tillandsias
About the Product:
Air plants (Tillandsia spp.) are epiphytes, meaning that in nature they grow on other plants, usually on tree branches. There are hundreds of species and varieties of air plants. They usually have strap-shape or slender triangle-shape leaves that grow in a rosette pattern with new growth appearing from the center. Those with silver foliage tend to be the most drought-tolerant; greener types dry out faster. You can also find colorful species, like Tillandsia maxima that can have coral leaves. Most species produce attractive, tubular or funnel-shaped flowers, too.
Caring points after receiving the Product:
- Carefully remove the plants from the boxes and packaging around the plants.
- After unboxing check the plant to see if its require watering. water those plants that top soil are dry.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- After watering you should place your new plant in an area with medium to bright indirect sunlight. do not go for immediate transplanting( minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.
Sunlight: Sansevieria trifasciata plant loves bright and full shade but also sustain in low light conditions.
Soil: The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing plant.
Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Do not over-water the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer: Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer twice a month. Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection: Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Karanja oil spray for primary treatment.