Holes on Flower Buds and Fruits
Cause: Fruit borer
Nature of damage
- Larvae feed on the leaves and later make holes in the flower buds and fruits. During feeding half of the larva’s body remain outside the fruit.
- Heavy infestation results in dropping of leaves and shedding of flower buds.
- Infested buds never open and dry as such. Partially damaged buds open into deformed flowers.
- Infestation coincides with the bud initiation.
Management : Cultural control: -
- Collection of caterpillars/larvas at early stage and its destruction.
- Use pheromone traps for early detection of pest.
- Metarhizium @5gm/L+ Geo Neem @2ml/L
- Beauveria@5gm/L +Geo Neem @2ml/L
Chemical control: -
- Emamectin benzoate 5%SG @5gm/P+ Geo Neem @2ml/L
- Spinetoram 11.7% SC @15ml/P+ Geo Neem @2ml/L
- Thiodicarb 75%WP @20gm/P+ Geo Neem @2ml/L
This collection is emptyView all products