TOP 10 LEAFY VEGGIES TO BOOST YOUR HEALTH
No matter which side you turn, everyone will say that if you want to have better health, you have to eat your leafy vegetables. With current trends focusing more on health, wellness and fitness, it's time we started listening. But there are lots of green vegetables out there, which work best? Do not care! We are going to tell you which leafy vegetables you should include in your diet to boost your health:
1) Red and green leaf lettuce : You've probably seen them in your salad bowl, but did you know that two cups can provide you with a day's worth of vitamin K? The darker the leaf, the more nutrition it contains!
2) Spinach : Not only should Popeye's, yours should too! Your source of vitamins A and C, it also fuels your weight training by providing you with over 6mg of the muscle mineral.
3) Mustard greens : Leaves of the same plant that produces mustard seeds, mustard greens contain nutrients that promote your eye and bone health. They also help detoxify the body and protect the liver.
4) Broccoli : Infamous among kids, yet broccoli is an essential part of any diet. Rich in potassium, folate and vitamins A and C, this is your way to a healthier lifestyle.
5) Chinese Cabbage : An excellent source of calcium and iron, Chinese cabbage has the ability to reduce the onset of cardiovascular diseases. Incredibly flexible, it can be fried, sliced, eaten raw, stir-fried, etc. to bring out the flavor you want.
6) Fenugreek : The seeds and leaves of fenugreek have a strong aroma. This green vegetable helps in lowering cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and regulates blood sugar levels. It also contains high amounts of potassium which helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
7) Amaranth : The seeds of the amaranth plant have been valued for thousands of years. Both its leaves and seeds have amazing medicinal properties. Its high protein content makes it an important nutritional source. It also helps in bone development as it is rich in calcium.
8) Green Onion (leeks) : The medicinal part of green onion is its stem. It is an excellent appetizer, and contains vitamins A and C. Its white part also contains calcium. The fiber in onions promotes healthy digestion.
9) Coriander : Coriander has a multifaceted flavor and can be used in a variety of dishes. It is a great herb to boost the nervous system. Fat-soluble vitamins and antioxidants – Vitamin A protects against lung and cavity cancers.
10) Dill leaves : Dill (Anethum graveolens) is known to be an herb that can provide health benefits in high amounts. Dill is well known for its dietary fiber and flavonoid content. It helps in removing insomnia.
Simply add these top 10 leafy greens to your diet and you will feel the benefits throughout your body. It will soon be one of the best decisions you will ever make!