Enhancing Health & Happiness! Grow Your Own Micro green
In the current health-conscious world, microgreens and herbs tend to play a substantially important role. They have a multitude of benefits and are quite easy to grow among.
Microgreens are nothing but young vegetable greens that are sprout like in nature and can be seen growing out of herbs as well. They are edible stems that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
BENEFITS OF MICRGREENS
Helps Prevent Diseases
They are packed with high levels of nutrition and helps prevent heart diseases, manage cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels etc.
Microgreens and Herbs are very vital in providing antioxidants to help boost immunity.
Adds to Flavour
There is an added element of taste which is why often these are incorporated into all types of food as well.
Easy to Plant
It is encouraged to grow your own microgreens and herbs rather than resorting for store-bought as it helps maintain the freshness and assure health.
Some of the simplest herbs grown most commonly in homes are Cilantro, Basil, Parsley, Oregano and even Tulsi. Whereas, radish cabbage, cauliflower, beet, mustard, chia, flax are common in salads that are grown as microgreens.
STEPS TO GROW SIMPLE GREENS
- Prepare the Potting Mix – Pre-moisten the cocopeat before filling your containers. Use a clean bucket or bowl and mix in a little warm water into the cocopeat
- Prepare the Trays – Place enough damp cocopeat in the trays to fill the layer about 1 and ½ inch cocopeat. Use your hands to level the cocopeat, but don’t press cocopeat or compact it too tightly.
- Sow the Seeds – Sprinkle the soaked microgreen seeds evenly all across the top of the The seeds should be scattered evenly with very little space between them. Add a very thin layer of cocopeat on top of seeds and mist the surface with warm water. Cover the tray with the paper or plastic sheet, and place in a warm location away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the Cocopeat Damp – Check the trays daily to ensure they have enough Mist the cocopeat with spray and re-cover until signs of germination. Keep the soil moist at all times. Remember it’s very easy to overwater, so don’t overdo the water.
- Provide Light – Once the seeds germinate, remove the cover, and place the microgreens under direct lights or in a sunny location like sunny windowsill balcony platform where they will receive 4-5 hours of direct sunlight every day.
- Harvest the Microgreens – Your Microgreens are ready to harvest when they are about 1/2 -3/4 inch high which should about 10 to 14 days depending on the type of seed and time of year and it takes longer in the winter months
You can follow these simple steps to make a small garden for yourself and you can also attain the tools you require through us as well.